Advocating for your Library
"To ask why we need libraries at all, when there is so much information available elsewhere, is about as sensible as asking if roadmaps are necessary now that there are so very many roads."
-- Jon Bing, Professor of Information Technology Law University of Oslo, Norway
What does having a library in your community mean to you?
How valuable is your library?
Use our handy Library Use Value Calulator.
Learn how you can advocate for your library!
"I think the health of our civilization, the depth of our awareness about the underpinnings of our culture and our concern for the future can all be tested by how well we support our libraries."
-- Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Libraries in the News - L. A. Times 7-6-10 article:
U.S. Public Libraries: We lose them at our peril
- Volunteer at your Library
- Join the Friends of the Library
- Use your library - bring your children, attend programs, try a new database!
- Let your elected officials know how important libraries are to you
- Let local media know how important libraries are to you
- Be sure friends and family know how important libraries are to you
- Let library staff know what services you appreciate
- Contact the Web Librarian with your ideas and suggestions