Frequently Asked Questions - Miscellaneous
Here are the ways you can help your library:
- To donate your time, see our volunteer or Friends pages.
- Print and fill out our donation form for monetary gifts to the Library (sorry, no credit cards.) Please submit it, along with your check, to your local library. Checks should be made out to "Ventura County Library" and have the branch or type of donation specified in the notes field.
- Many of our libraries accept donations of used books, audiobooks, and DVDs. The library's Friends group can then offer the items for sale with proceeds going directly to the library.
* Donations are accepted at most libraries and are tax-deductable - see our donation policy and ask for a receipt when you donate.
* Please only donate gently used, clean books, tapes, CDs, DVDs - we cannot accept moldy, mildewed or damaged items or items with missing parts.
* Because of limited storage, please consult library or Friends store staff before bringing a large donation.
* Be sure to follow donation guidelines for the specific library regarding magazines; some libraries do not accept magazines or have strict guidelines regarding which magazines they will accept. Check with library staff or Friends before donating.
- Register with eScrip and add Ventura County Library to your merchant loyalty card. [Participating merchants make contributions to Ventura County Library, based on purchases made by you, when you use the card you have registered.]
- Search with GoodSearch! On the GoodSearch homepage, choose Ventura County Library from their list of non-profits. Then, simply use GoodSearch to search the Internet as you normally would. The site is powered by Yahoo!, so you'll get high-quality search results. Fifty percent of the revenue generated from the GoodSearch advertisers is shared with the nonprofit organization of your choosing.
Thank you for thinking of Ventura County Library!
# # #
DONATED MATERIALS POLICY (Revised 12-2008)
The Ventura County Library appreciates your donation of books and other library materials. If a donation is to be considered for addition to the library collection, it must be given to a staff member, who will issue a receipt for the donation. Materials considered for the collection must have been published or released within the last two years, must be in excellent condition, and must be judged by staff to have value for the library collection.
Materials not added to the library collection may be given to Friends of the Library groups, which support library operations through book sales and other events. In this way, every donation helps your local library.