Oak View Library
Oak View Library
555 Mahoney Avenue, Oak View, CA 93022
* * *
Mon - Thurs 1- 6
Saturday 10 - 2
Fri & Sun Closed
Programs & Events - Oak View/Ojai Valley Library Event Calendar
- Schoolinks Homework Center operates Monday through Thursday, 2:30 to 5:30 p.m., when school is in session. This drop-in program is best-suited for 1st-6th grade students.Homework Centers are available in most Ventura County Libraries. Click here to see all locations and open hours.
Storytime Tuesdays - 4:00 to 4:30pm This year-round early literacy-based story- time is full of stories, songs and movement. It is best suited for children ages 0-5 years old.
The Oak View Library "No Commitment" Reading Society. Adult participants read a selected title every two months and share their opinions with other readers using comment cards displayed in the library. A communal reading experience on your own terms! Our April/May selection is Dry Bones in the Valley by Tom Bouman, a 2015 Edgar Nominee for Best First Book. Drop-by or call for more details.
- Looking for more events? See our system-wide calendar
- Other agencies in the Resource Center include the Oak View Boys & Girls Club, Child Development Resources Preschool and the Nan Tolbert Nurturing Center.
- Want to know how to get a library card, borrow books, DVDs and more? See our FAQ page.
- Access the library catalog from home. If a book or DVD you want is at another VC Library, request it using your account through the online catalog and it will be delivered here for pick up.
- For 24-hour access to research data, magazine articles, electronic books, audio-book downloads, test preparation guides, streaming video, music downloads and much more, please use the VC Library's online eLibrary. Your library card number is required to access most of these resources.
- Seven Internet computers are available for public use. Computers are filtered for use by customers under 18. All computers have Office 2007 software. Black & white printing is available for ten cents per page. Free wireless is also available.
- Technology assistance is available by appointment. Our Tech Coach can demonstrate how to use your online library account & catalog, explain how to borrow eBooks on your tablet/eReader, help you set up webmail and social media accounts, assist with filling out online job applications and more! Please call for details.
- Library staff will assist you with your research questions. Telephone questions will be answered during open hours. Call (805) 649-1523.
- A black & white self-serve copy machine is available. Copies are ten cents each.
- Book Return: The outdoor materials return bin is silver and located on Mahoney Ave., in front of the Oak View Park and Resource Center, by the disabled access parking and ramp, near the preschool.
Useful links for Sunset school students & parents:
Accelerated Reader Student Login (you must know your school login)
- Ojai Valley Library Friends and Foundation: The OVLFF is a non-profit organization dedicated to extending and enhancing public library services throughout the Ojai Valley. They operate the Twice Sold Tales Bookstore at the Ojai Library, sponsor children's and adult programs, provide a courier service for shut-ins, hold book sales, and sponsor the SchooLinks homework centers at Ojai, Meiners Oaks, and Oak View Libraries. Board meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of the month, 7pm, at the Ojai Library. For additional information call (805) 289-0368 or visit the Friends page.
- One month of the Ventura County Star newspaper is kept at the Oak View Library.
- One month of the Ojai Valley News newspaper is kept at the Oak View Library.
- Oak View Library has current magazines, materials for children and teens, fairly large collections of large and standard print mysteries and general fiction, audio books on MP3 & CD, as well as DVDs.
- County of Ventura
- Steve Bennett, Supervisor, County of Ventura
- Sunset Elementary & Middle School
- Ventura Unified School District
- Ventura County Genealogical Society Home Page and Genealogical Library