Saticoy Library — Serving Saticoy, Somis and Ventura’s East End
11426 Violeta Street, Ventura, CA 93004
Mon–Thurs 1 – 6
Saturday 10 – 2
Fri & Sun Closed
Saticoy Library is located at 11426 Violeta Street. View map.
- The Gold Coast route 10 (Telegraph Road–Saticoy) has an eastbound stop across the street from the library.
Programs & Special Events - Ventura Libraries’ Event Calendar
- Learn to Speak English: Free for Adults. Mondays 11am.
- Storytime & Crafts - Thursdays at 11am.
- TAG (Teen Advisory Group) - meets at 4pm on the 1st & 3rd Thursdays of the month
- Looking for more events? See our system-wide calendar
- Want to know how to get a library card, borrow a book and more? See our FAQ page.
- Access the library catalog from home.
- Library staff will answer your research questions.
- If a book you want is not available at your local library, it can be be ordered from other libraries.
- Telephone questions will be answered during open hours. Call (805) 647–5736.
- Six computers are available for public Internet use. The computers are dynamically filtered based on age of the customer. Customers under the age of 18 may have unfiltered access with parental permission. Printing is available (ten cents per page, black and white only).
- A self-serve copy machine is available. Copies are ten cents each.
- WiFi service is available 24 hours a day.
- Homework Centers are available in most Ventura County Libraries. Click here to see locations and times open.
- Need help finding Accelerated Reader books? Use AR BookFinder to find out which books are at your child’s AR level as well as their point values.
- Used books are for sale whenever the library is open.
- Book Drop: the book drop is in the library's driveway, near the street.
- There is also a book drop at Kimball Park in Ventura at 901 S. Kimball Rd.
- A volunteer tutoring program for school age children sponsored by Project Understanding. Tutors available Monday through Thursdays, from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm during the school year. Tutoring is available in English as well as in Spanish.
|Check out the San Buenaventura Friends of the Library on Facebook for information about upcoming events and ways that you can contribute!|
- The San Buenaventura Friends of the Library needs volunteers to help with used book sales, courier service for shut-ins, sponsorship of children's programs, and rental book and video programs.
*** Besides books, we also accept cassette and movie tapes, LPs, and CDs. If it is more convenient, we can arrange to pick up your donations at your home. Call 805-648-5600. Your gift is tax deductible and we will provide you with a receipt. Sorry - we cannot use Reader's Digest books. Volunteers are often needed for shelving, clerical duties and special projects. Call the Library at (805) 648-2716 for more information.
- The Friends of the Library are conducting a membership drive. Your membership dues enrich the community's libraries by supplementing books, programs, and capital improvements. Your support stays in the Ventura community.
- San Buenaventura Friends of the Library
PO Box 403
Ventura, CA 93002-0403
- Volunteers are needed for the Adult Literacy Program. For more information click here.
- Tutors are being recruited for the Project Understanding Tutoring Program at Saticoy Library. One must be a High School student or an adult to apply. Information is available at the check-out desk.
- Our Summer Reading Program is coming soon with possible volunteer opportunities.
- The current month's editions of the Ventura County Star newspaper are kept at Saticoy Library.
- Saticoy Library has a large collection of Spanish, English and bilingual materials for both children and adults, including magazines, books-on-tape, books on CD, videos, DVDs, and music CDs.
- For 24-hour access to newspapers, magazine articles, electronic books, audio-book downloads, test preparation guides, and many more information databases, please use the Ventura County Library's online eLibrary. A link to the eLibrary is available within the gray bar near the top of every library webpage. A library card number will be required to access to these resources if you are using an internet connection outside of the library, such as from home, school, or work.
- Steve Bennett, Supervisor, County of Ventura
- County of Ventura
- Ventura Unified School District
- Ventura Unified School District School Year Calendar 2014-2015
- Citrus Glen Elementary School
- ATLAS Elementary, Saticoy
- Balboa Middle School
- Buena High School
- Ventura High School
- Ventura College
- Ventura College Schedule of Classes
- Ventura Adult and Continuing Education
- Ventura County Genealogical Society Home Page and Genealogical Library
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Ventura—Saticoy Center
- Project Understanding