Albert H. Soliz Library
Albert H. Soliz Library
2820 Jourdan Street, Oxnard, CA 93036
Humberto Tello, Library Supervisor
Mon & Tues 2 - 6
Wednesday 10 - 1; 2 - 6
Thursday 2 - 7
Friday 2 - 6
Sat & Sun Closed
- Albert H. Soliz Library is located at 2820 Jourdan Avenue. The nearest cross streets are Vineyard Avenue and Stroube Street. View map.
- Closest bus stop is on Simon Way at Balboa Street.
- Want to know how to get a library card, borrow a book and more? See our FAQ page.
- Access the library catalog from home.
- Library staff will answer your research questions.
- If a book you want is not available at your local library, it can be be ordered from other libraries.
- Telephone questions will be answered during open hours. Call (805) 485-4515.
- Eight computers are available for public Internet use. Four of these are filtered for use by customers under 18.
- Homework Centers are available in most Ventura County Libraries. Click here to see locations and times open.
- Book Drop: the book drop is located near the front door of the library.
Programs & Special Events - Albert H. Soliz Library Event Calendar
- Winter crafts - Dec. 18th thru the 30th 4:00 to 5:30 Come join us for Winter craft fun!
- The Homework Center provides assistance to students on school reports and homework. It is available to students Monday through Thursday, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m., when school is in session.
- Looking for more events? See our system-wide calendar
- The Albert H. Soliz Friends of the Library group supports and benefits the Albert H. Soliz Library. Their sales of donated books and materials provide money for the purchase of new books and childrens' programs. Contact the Library Supervisor for more information on becoming a member of the the Albert H. Soliz Friends of the Library or visit the Friends page.
- Volunteers are needed for Adult Literacy Program. For more information click here.
- Volunteers are also needed to read stories to children, and to assist in the Homework Center. Call the Library for more information.
- One week of the Ventura County Star newspaper is kept on hand.
- The Library has a large collection of Spanish language books.
- The Library has magazines and books on tape.
- County of Ventura
- Supervisor John C. Zaragoza
- Ventura County Genealogical Society Home Page and Genealogical Library