What do the Limits mean and how are they applied?
Submitted by barb on November 22, 2009 - 3:45pm
- Limits are essentially groupings of items by Collection Codes.
- When you look in the VCL Online Catalog and search for an item, you will see a record of the title, with publisher, description, edition and ISBN numbers at the top, along with cover art, when available.
- On the bottom part of the screen, under the Copy/Holding Information bar, you will see:
- The location of each copy of the title that VCL owns
- Which collection it is in
- Volume or copy information
- The status of the item
- The due date of any checked out items
- Collection codes are locational within each library. They show where you can find items in the holding library.
- Collection codes are grouped together as like items to create a limit.
- If you search for SUBJECT * and LIMIT All Large Print, you will get all items that have collection codes of Adult Fiction Large Print, Adult Mystery Large Print, Adult Nonfiction Large Print, Adult Science Fiction large Print, Adult Western Large Print and Juvenile Large Print.