How do I renew and/or return my library books and materials?
Submitted by barb on November 24, 2009 - 6:11pm
- Items may be renewed online through the Ventura County Library online catalog. You will need your library card and your library PIN. When your library account was originally set up, the last 4 digits of your phone number at that time were used unless you specified another set of numbers. If you do not know your PIN, call or visit your local library.
- Some items do not renew - these include DVDs, sketchbooks and short loan reference items.
- Most items may be renewed three times (for three weeks each checkout/renewal period) unless another customer has placed a hold on the book.
- Items requested by someone else may not be renewed and must be returned.
- Books may be renewed at the branch or by phone. You must have your library card with you to renew by phone.
- Most library materials do not have to be returned to the library from which they were borrowed. They may be returned to any Ventura County Library.
- [Ventura County Library books may be returned to any public library in Ventura County, Santa Barbara County and San Luis Obispo County. However, you are responsible for the book (and it will continue to accrue fines if overdue) until it reaches a Ventura County Library.]
- After hours, items may be returned in the branch library's bookdrop.
- Because audiovisual materials can be damaged when heavy books fall on top of them in the bookdrop, we prefer cassettes, compact discs, and videocassettes be returned to the customer service desk during the branch library's open hours.