I've entered my card number and I still cannot get into the online resource. Why?
First - be sure you have entered your 14 digit barcode correctly. Beyond that, there can be several reasons access is blocked:
- Access issues - most of the online resources require entry from our eLibrary page. If you try to bookmark the site URL, you may have trouble accessing the resource. Try again by navigating to our eLibrary page and then clicking on the online resource link.
- Firewall issues - if you are accessing the page from behind a company or personal firewall, there may be issues with access to the page itself or some resources.
- Maintenance - occasionally, online resources are offline for maintenance. Ideally, we are notified of such and can make a note.
- Technical problems - it may be that one of many systems by which you connect has caused an interruption (phone lines, internet service providers, servers, etc.) If you feel the problem is on our end, please contact the Web Librarian with the information itemized below.
If you cannot gain access and you have verified your card number was entered correctly, please send an email to Ventura County Library's Web Librarian and state:
- The name of the online resource
- As much information as possible about how you got to the online resource
- When you were denied access (date and time of day)
- What the screen said when access was denied (an attached screen shot would be excellent!)