Are ebooks downloadable?
Some are and some are not. Each collection, depending on the vendor, has different capabilities regarding ability to download, save, print, access through the library catalog, etc. See the collections below to find what is allowed. The word "save" indicates a download saved indefinitely to your computer:
- OverDrive - Downloadable eBooks. These ebooks work with most computers and on the Kindle, Sony Reader, the Nook, and the iPad, among others.
- Axis360/Blio - eBooks available for download and transfer to PCs, iOS and Android devices. These ebooks use the Blio reader (also available for download on this site) as well as the ePub format.
- EBSCOhost - viewable, downloadable; allows some printing
- OneClickdigital - limited number of ebooks - all downloadable
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - individual articles can be viewed, printed, saved and emailed
- Missions of California - you can view and print. A 24 hour download to computer or PDA is allowed.
- LearningExpress Library eBooks - you can view, save and print.