The "Success through Reading" series continues with "All about Scouting" sponsored by Soroptimist International of Fillmore and Friends of the Fillmore Library. The event will feature local representatives from the Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts. A book will be read, followed by some fun crafts! Join us!
Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, all Libraries will close at 5pm. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Magician Shawn McMaster returns with his special brew of magic!
- Join us for some spooky, hair-raising fun!
- Wednesday Oct. 12, 2011
- Fairy Queen Flutterby will perform her special story "Little Edwin's Triumph", a story that will inspire children living with the challenges of the serious disease of Juvenile Diabetes. Robin Aliece Borakove is dedicated to helping the children and their families battling this difficult disease. Her book will be available for purchase following the event. Join us!
Presented by Soroptimist International of Fillmore, celebrating the International Day of Peace with a reading of the book Let There Be Peace on Earth: And Let it Begin with Me by Jill Jackson, illustrated by David Diaz. We will read the book, sing a song and make a special peace bracelet to take home. Then... at 6pm the community, including families and businesses are invited to attend a short International Day of Peace ceremony at the Fillmore Soroptimist Peace Pole located in front of the Fillmore City Hall. Presented by Soroptimists Sarah Hansen (Chair of the Fillmore Soroptimist Peace Pole) and Ari Larson (President of Soroptimist International of Fillmore).
Fillmore Library: The Alphabet Soup Puppeteers Present "Quinceanera" A bilingual tale about a little girl mouse who uses her wit and wisdom to succeed. Come and join us for this special event from 3:30-4:30pm! All are welcome! Muchas gracias!
Ventura County Government Center
- The ceremony will be held on the lawn between the Law Enforcement, Firefighter's and Veteran's memorial. Free parking.
- More information
- Ventura County Library will be conducting a computer systems upgrade that will impact all online access and computer use at the Ventura County Libraries.
- Starting early June 21 through June 22, 2011, all online services will be unavailable.
- This includes the online catalog, express checkouts, wireless and database access. All public internet labs will be closed.
- Access to the Ventura County Library website, www.vencolibrary.org will not be interrupted, but the online catalog and databases will be unavailable.
- While online services will be interrupted, Ventura County Libraries will remain open and library staff will be available to assist during the downtime.
- The libraries impacted by this are: Avenue, Fillmore, E.P. Foster, Meiners Oaks, Oak Park, Oak View, Ojai, Piru, Ray D. Prueter, Saticoy, Simi Valley and Soliz-El Rio.
Stories from around the World
- In conjunction with the Summer Reading Program