All Libraries CLOSED for the County observed New Year's Holiday
Horror in the Stack: Asylum of the Demonic
- For teens and kids, ages 10-18
- A chilling stroll through the haunted library...if you dare!
- Tickets are required for entry. Pick up your FREE ticket at the Ray D. Prueter Library October 20-28, as long as suppplies last.
- More information
Bilingual Storytime for children ages 0-5
- A night of fun supporting READ Ventura County Library Adult Literacy Program.
- At the Wedgewood Banquet Center at 5880 Olivas Park Drive, in Ventura 93003.
- Snacks! An opportunity drawing!
- Only $5 admission for audience members.
- Interested in participating on a team? Please call READ Ventura County Library at (805) 677-7160.
- This event is hosted by the Rotary Club of Ventura-South.
Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, all Libraries will close at 5pm. Happy Thanksgiving!
Ventura County Government Center
- The ceremony will be held on the lawn between the Law Enforcement, Firefighter's and Veteran's memorial. Free parking.
- More information
- Ventura County Library will be conducting a computer systems upgrade that will impact all online access and computer use at the Ventura County Libraries.
- Starting early June 21 through June 22, 2011, all online services will be unavailable.
- This includes the online catalog, express checkouts, wireless and database access. All public internet labs will be closed.
- Access to the Ventura County Library website, www.vencolibrary.org will not be interrupted, but the online catalog and databases will be unavailable.
- While online services will be interrupted, Ventura County Libraries will remain open and library staff will be available to assist during the downtime.
- The libraries impacted by this are: Avenue, Fillmore, E.P. Foster, Meiners Oaks, Oak Park, Oak View, Ojai, Piru, Ray D. Prueter, Saticoy, Simi Valley and Soliz-El Rio.
This year's theme: Welcome to the Jungle!
Ventura County Library will be conducting the final phase of systemwide computer hardware and related work that impacts computer use at the Ventura County Libraries.