- Swazzle Puppets!
- 11:00 AM
- Library Community Room
Simi Valley Library
- Teens After Dark @ the Library!
- June 25th from 6 pm to 10 pm
- Games, Music, Crafts
- Register at the Reference desk
Join local poets Kayte Carr, Melissa Gulick and Maureen Brown for an evening of poetry in the Community Room. Light refreshments will be served.
Simi Valley library - 4th Monday of the month in the Children’s Story Corner
- Stories & songs!
- Sponsored by the Simi Valley Library and Simi Valley First 5
- More information
Free art event for kids and adults! Bring your creativity, chalk, art and a cushion to sit on! Girl Scout troops will be encouraging creative participation and badgework.
Please join the Simi Valley Library for El Día de los Niños/El Día de los Libros (Children's Day/Book Day) on Friday, April 30 in the Children’s Room at 2:00 PM. The event will feature stories, songs and crafts in Spanish.
Join Craig Newton for a free musical performance for kids and families titles "How the West Was Sung." “How The West Was Sung” is a fast-paced program that takes audiences on a Westward Movement journey across America, featuring songs from cowboys, miners, settlers, farmers, laborers, soldiers and more. It's history and music in a delightful program, filled with singing, clapping, and interaction.
Dr. Vincenza Scarpaci’s lecture will explore the contradictions of the Italian American legacy, considering the ways in which Italians became an essential part of American history. Every aspect of life ranging from religion, the struggle for citizenship, anti-Italian prejudice, WWII, and of course, food, all come to life in this insightful illustrated talk. A book signing will follow the lecture.
Simi Valley Library presents Abrakadoodle
- Green Kids in a Colorful World Art Class
- Please bring your own 12 or 16 ounce plastic water bottle
- Learn about glass sculpture and artist Dale Chihuly, who creates masterpieces with glass and color
- Each work of art is a masterpiece made with recycled materials that both decorate our world and help to keep our environment clean
- Sponsored by the Simi Valley Friends of the Library