Join Craig Newton for a free musical performance for kids and families titles "How the West Was Sung." “How The West Was Sung” is a fast-paced program that takes audiences on a Westward Movement journey across America, featuring songs from cowboys, miners, settlers, farmers, laborers, soldiers and more. It's history and music in a delightful program, filled with singing, clapping, and interaction.
Dr. Vincenza Scarpaci’s lecture will explore the contradictions of the Italian American legacy, considering the ways in which Italians became an essential part of American history. Every aspect of life ranging from religion, the struggle for citizenship, anti-Italian prejudice, WWII, and of course, food, all come to life in this insightful illustrated talk. A book signing will follow the lecture.
Simi Valley Library presents Abrakadoodle
- Green Kids in a Colorful World Art Class
- Please bring your own 12 or 16 ounce plastic water bottle
- Learn about glass sculpture and artist Dale Chihuly, who creates masterpieces with glass and color
- Each work of art is a masterpiece made with recycled materials that both decorate our world and help to keep our environment clean
- Sponsored by the Simi Valley Friends of the Library
Join in the fun of Simi Valley’s Annual Read Across America Celebration and celebrate Dr. Seuss’ Birthday on Saturday, February 27, from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM. The event is free and open to the community. The program will include performances and readings by special guests. There will be drawings for prizes, photo opportunities and much more. NEA's Read Across America is an annual reading motivation and awareness program that calls for every child in every community to celebrate reading on March 2, the birthday of beloved children's author Dr. Seuss. For more information, please call Dayle Gillick, President, Simi Educators Association at (805) 526-5668
Join us in celebrating the Simi Valley Library’s 30th anniversary on Sunday, February 21st, from 2 to 4 PM.
The event will feature a guest speaker from the Simi Valley Historical Society discussing the history of libraries in Simi Valley.
The event will also feature a variety of children’s events, including:
- Performance by the Alphabet Soup Puppeteers, "A Red, White, and Blue Day"
- Storytelling with local children’s book author and artist Mary Ann Fraser
- Paws 4 Healing, Inc. READ Program, in which Reading Education Assistance Dogs help children discover the joy of reading
- Arts and crafts
- Press Release
Check your local Library for opening time!
Ventura County Library Commission Meeting
- See our Library Commission page for more information
Join California State Parks Ranger Kris Mashburn, known affectionately as the "Bat Lady of Ojai," for an exciting discussion about the fascinating world of bats that will appeal to kids of all ages.