Join us for spooky stories, pie eating contest and craft and games.
- Admission is FREE!
- More information - flyer
- Educational fun for the whole family
- Meet the PAWS for Reading dogs and listen to a story read by the VCL Story Fairy
- Talk to a real Firefighter and learn about fire trucks
- Get emergency preparedness information from the Red Cross
- Snack at some of Ventura County’s favorite Food Trucks
- Checkout our opportunity drawing baskets
- Preschool storytime and craft
- 5 years old and under
- Come join us for Overdrive's e-book read of Nancy Clancy, Super Sleuth, by Jane O'Connor
- Readers from 2nd through 5th grade may use our laptops for a group read of this fun book.
- Limited to 8, but if others have their own e-book device please come join us and bring your library card to log into the wifi.
- Dress "fancy" or not as you wish.
- More information - flyer
Saticoy Library celebrates the completion of Summer Reading Program 2013!Saticoy Library festeja la finalización del Programa de Lectura de Verano 2013! The party begins at noon with the drawings for the special SRP prizes at 1:30pm.La fiesta empieza al mediodía con el sorteo de los premios especiales para el Programa empieza a 1:30pm.
E.P. Foster Library - Topping Room
- Ventura County Library launches a weekly Maker meeting - to be held every Tuesday evening in the Topping Room at E.P. Foster Library.
- Come learn what Maker Spaces are all about - see examples of robotics and media projects, 3D printers, and knitting & crafting projects.
- Learn about the local and national Maker network - tap into your neighbors' interests and share equipment
Build things with marshmallows.
- Swazzle Puppets and “The Grasshopper and the Ant”.
- A story for all ages!
- In “The Grasshopper and the Ants”, young audiences will be introduced to a classic story and laugh along with the fun-loving Grasshopper as he learns the value of dedication and handwork.
- This program is sponsored by the Fillmore Friends of the Library.
A free screening of this exciting documentary will take place in the Topping Room. What is the Electric Car? is a new feature length documentary about Electric Vehicles (EVs) which are now on sale & arriving in showrooms in 2013. This entertaining film will trace the early history of EVs and continue forward 100 years later to follow the re-birth of an entire industry. This film is not just for EV enthusiasts or those passionate “Green” consumers, but will be an exciting journey for all audiences to go “Back to the Future!” EVs will be on site. You don’t want to miss this opportunity as Ventura is part of a nationwide Ride the Future tour.