Foster Library - A free class to learn the basics of playing the ukulele. Don't have a ukulele? Check one out at the library!
Foster Library - A mysterious villain tries to steal a counter-atomic device known as Cyclotrode X (Episodes 9-12).
Foster Library - Learn more about this important organization and the support it gives to those whose lives have been affected by the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Foster Library - Digital Storytelling video production series. Drop in at this free event with CAPS TV.
Foster Library - Hosted by the Friends of the Library book club! This month's read: Bootlegger's Daughter by Margaret Maron. All are welcome to this special event in the Topping Room.
- Saturdays at 1pm
- Family Ukulele Class
- Can’t get to Hawaii this summer? Learn to play the ukulele with local musician Alan Ferentz! Children (ages 8 & up) and their parent or caregiver are invited to attend a class that meets at 1:00 pm on four consecutive Saturdays in August. A limited number of ukuleles will be available for those who do not have an instrument. August 2, 9, 16 & 23
- Registration required—please call 486-5460
- Saturday, July 12 @ 2 pm
- Simultaneous Chess Exhibition
- Match your chess playing skills against those of Ventura County Chess Club President Jack Cashman. Jack will play up to 20 games at the same time! No cost to enter or watch. Chess sets and boards will be provided. For all ages. To guarantee a seat, it is recommended that players register by calling 486-5460.
- Match your chess playing skills against those of Jack Cashman, a Class A tournament player in the United States Chess Federation
- No cost to enter or watch
- For all ages
- Registration recommended - please call 486-5460
Foster, Topping Room - Digital Storytelling. Learn how to make a video from start to finish.
Foster - Learn the basics for operating the Lulzbot TAZ.