E.P. Foster Library - Topping Room
- Ventura County Library launches a weekly Maker meeting - to be held every Tuesday evening in the Topping Room at E.P. Foster Library.
- Come learn what Maker Spaces are all about - see examples of robotics and media projects, 3D printers, and knitting & crafting projects.
- Learn about the local and national Maker network - tap into your neighbors' interests and share equipment
Oak Park Library
- The book club is for adults and will meet the third Monday of each month
- Swazzle Puppets and “The Grasshopper and the Ant”.
- A story for all ages!
- In “The Grasshopper and the Ants”, young audiences will be introduced to a classic story and laugh along with the fun-loving Grasshopper as he learns the value of dedication and handwork.
- This program is sponsored by the Fillmore Friends of the Library.
Discovering your roots – A basic introduction to using Ancestry.com in the library. The class will cover how to search, print and save information using the library computers.
Facebook Basics – We will review the basics of creating and maintaining a Facebook account. Required: active email account.
Charles Freericks Writing a memoir - Charles Freericks, author of the comedic memoir, "My Imaginary Friend Was Too Cool to Hang out With Me" speaks on how your own life may be the best grist for the mill for your writing - whether you choose to pen your memoirs or just to use autobiographical incidents for your characters in your fiction. He will describe techniques he uses for stitching together real memories with literary threads in order to make them function dramatically and not seem like journal entries. There will be time for questions and answers and he will give those who wish an assignment that then may email their first draft to him for a critique.
Public domain plays at your public library! Contains adult material.
A free screening of this exciting documentary will take place in the Topping Room. What is the Electric Car? is a new feature length documentary about Electric Vehicles (EVs) which are now on sale & arriving in showrooms in 2013. This entertaining film will trace the early history of EVs and continue forward 100 years later to follow the re-birth of an entire industry. This film is not just for EV enthusiasts or those passionate “Green” consumers, but will be an exciting journey for all audiences to go “Back to the Future!” EVs will be on site. You don’t want to miss this opportunity as Ventura is part of a nationwide Ride the Future tour.
Two film screenings focused on Korea's past and present. There will also be a traditional wedding ceremony re-enactment.
Elderhostel-Road Scholar is a life long learning, traveladventure organization. Road Scholar inspires adults to learn,discover, and travel. The Road Scholar learning adventuresengage expert instructors, provide extraordinary access, andstimulate discourse and friendship among people for whomlearning is the adventure of a lifetime.Jill Swaim, Road Scholar Ambassador, will discuss the history,name change, and purpose of this not-for-profit organizationand share stories of Road Scholar adventures. The programwill be held at the Ojai Library.