Check your local Library for opening time!
Ventura County Library Commission Meeting
- See our Library Commission page for more information
- Tuesday, January 26 @ 5pm-7pm
- Be part of the 1000 Cranes Peace Project.
- In anticipation of the September 21 dedication of the Peace Pole in front of Fillmore City Hall, this group will be trying to fold 1000 origami paper cranes.
- Call Janine or Claire with questions at 524-2520
- More Information
Coffee/Tea and Book Discussion of To Kill A Mockingbird @ Django's Coffee House 6:30 p.m.
- Django's Coffee House is located at 2271 North Ventura Ave. Ventura
- Camarillo Library
- Sunday February 7 at 2pm
- Barbara Brooks Tomblin author and scholar will discuss the role of African Americans supporting the Union Navy during the Civil War.
- Sponsored by The Friends of the Camarillo Library and the Meadowlark Service League
All open libraries will close at 5pm on New Year's Eve
All open libraries will close at 5pm on Christmas Eve
Ray D. Prueter Library
- Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 6:30 p.m.
- In conjunction with Ventura County's Big Read Program, Black History Month, and Women's History Month, "The Welcome Table", a documentary film project of the University of Mississippi and the Southern Foodways Alliance will be shown. The film provides a look at the roots of the Civil Rights Movement and the role of two African-American women who ran food establishments in Montgomery, Alabama, during this period.