Foster - Teens Teaching Tech has been resheduled this month
- Technology challenged? Frustrated with your smart phone? Are your Techno gizmos making you crazy? Every third Saturday of the month, between 10:00 am and noon. These sessions are hosted by the E.P. Foster’s Teen Activity Group (TAG) and offered free of charge. This month’s session will be held in the Children’s Computer lab on the second floor of the library . Come in with your questions and bring your laptops, phones, Kindles, Nooks, and/or I-pads and let the techno teens teach you how to get the most out of your gadgets.
Foster Library - Paws for Reading
- Read aloud to registered therapy dogs.
- Saturdays from noon to 1:00
- Sign up is required
- For more information on the program, please call (805) 648-2716
Children 5 to teenage - drop in to the library between 3 and 5 p.m. and learn how to make a "beating heart" - other materials also available to make valentines.
Children from 5 to 90 share some Dr. Seuss stories, make a Seussian creation and have some Savory Seuss Snacks!
Read Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried, the Ventura Big Read selection made up of short stories about the Vietnam War. We can choose a story to read together (most are very short) and then have an informal discussion.
The OverDrive Digital Bookmobile National Tour will make two stops at Ventura County Library locations in February 2014:
- Tuesday, February 11th from 11am to 5pm -- E.P. Foster Library sponsors the event at Ventura Community Park at 910 Kimball Rd. in Ventura, CA.
- Wednesday, February 12th from 10:30am to 4:30pm -- Ray D. Prueter Library at 510 Park Avenue in Port Hueneme, CA.
These events are free!
- Readers will learn how to download eBooks from the library through demonstrations and videos.
- A gadget gallery—featuring Kindle®, iPod® touch, Android™ tablet, NOOK™, Sony® Reader™, BlackBerry®, Windows® Phone, and more, will help visitors discover portable devices compatible with Ventura County Library’s OverDrive download service.
- Ventura County Library cardholders can also check out and download digital titles anytime, anywhere, by visiting http://vencolibrary.lib.overdrive.com/.
- Fiction Writing Essentials with Doug Taylor
- Mapping out the novel to using various kinds of narrative and kinds of dialogue, Doug will discuss the importance of how to begin a novel, how to expand it with subplots and counter points and how to end it properly
- He'll use his novel, Bogota By Bus as a template.
- Interactive workshop with Q & A
Foster Library - A free class where you can learn the basics of playing the ukulele. Don't have a ukulele? Check one out at the library!