You can help your Library and community by:
- Donating time, money or items
- Becoming a READ tutor for adults
- The Library tutors adults in reading. No prior teaching experience is required, as the Library will train you. If you are interested in being a student or tutor, visit our READ Adult Literacy Program web pages.
- Volunteering for Children's Programs
- Volunteers assist students with their homework projects at Homework Centers at many of our libraries. Each center has a Homework Supervisor who will train and assist volunteers.
- Each year, thousands of children participate in Summer Reading. The Library recruits young adults, ages 13 to 17, May - June, to assist children in signing up for Summer Reading.
- Becoming a Friend of the Library
- The Ventura County Library has Friends groups helping to support the library with fund-raising activities such as book sales. All money earned by the Friends is given to the libraries. Visit the Friends of the Library page for the name of the contact person for your local Friends group.
- Tell others about your library's value
Thank you for thinking of Ventura County Library!
~ All volunteers 18 and over will be subject to background checks. ~