Ventura County Libraries are open for in-person browsing of the physical collections. Browsing areas are based on the capacity of each building, available staff, and social distancing guidelines. Appointments can be made by contacting individual libraries. Walk-ins may be accommodated based on capacity, but appointments are strongly suggested. All browsing visits are limited to 50 minutes and anyone entering the library MUST wear a mask and follow the Library’s COVID-19 Code of Conduct (below).
Browsing periods are:
- 50 minutes
- Available during specific hours at each branch; generally, 1-4pm weekdays, 11am - 2pm Saturdays (if the branch is normally open on Saturdays)
- One reservation per day (per person) and three reservations per week are available. You may make a reservation up to one week in advance
Bring your Ventura County Library card with you to your appointment, or inform staff at the time you make your appointment if you don’t have a library card.
Only one browsing reservation is allowed per customer per day. Reservations may be made for multiple patrons in the case of families, please make sure to inform staff of the number in your group when making a reservation. All children under the age of 10 who come in to browse must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
Patron interaction with staff is limited to transactions behind plexiglass barriers that are at designated service desks. Staff will instruct you on how to place the items for their barcodes to be scanned for checkout.
Materials picked up, but not checked out, should be left on designated carts for reshelving.
Hand sanitizing stations are located at the entrance to the library for patron use upon entering and exiting the library.
Guidelines for people using this service are as follows:
COVID-19 Code of Conduct
To create a safer environment for patrons and staff, we are asking everyone who enters the libraries to adhere to the following guidelines along with the original code of conduct.
- Please respect the safety of staff and other patrons.
- Do not enter buildings if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently been in contact with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case.
- Patrons are expected to adhere to CDC and State guidelines.
- Patrons 2 years and older are required to wear masks while inside the libraries.
- All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must
- be in compliance with CDC guidelines
- be worn in compliance with CDC guidelines
- Individuals will maintain six feet of physical distancing between themselves and others within the libraries.
- Patrons are expected to follow all signage and staff requests when visiting the libraries.
- Food and drinks are not allowed within the libraries.
- Restrooms are not available for public use.
If you are unable to adhere to any of these guidelines, we invite you to explore our digital resources, or check out materials via our walk up holds service.