Explore and stay informed on local, national, and international topics, people and events in areas such as business, health, education, jobs and careers, political and social issues, and more. Features a wide variety of credible, vetted news sources from around the world to around the corner. Also available remotely 24/7 on any device.
Explore and stay informed on local and national topics, people, and events in areas such as business, health, education, jobs and careers, political and social issues, and more. Features a wide variety of credible, vetted news sources spanning the U.S., including. Also available remotely 24/7 on any device.
Now available! Includes over 5 billion names and 500,000 family trees. Provides extensive coverage of the U.S. and information from the U.K.
Archives of Sexuality & Gender, the largest collection available in support of the study of gender and sexuality, enables scholars to make new connections in LGBTQ history and activism, cultural studies, psychology, health, political science, policy studies, and other related areas of research.
Archives Unbound addresses students and scholars' pressing need to see primary, unpublished archival documents. Archives Unbound presents topically-focused digital collections of historical documents that support the research and study needs of scholars and students at the college and university level.
Search for people by name, occupation, nationality, ethnicity, birth/death dates and places, and gender.
- App available free from: Apple App Store * Google Play
- View the Niche Academy Biography In Context Tutorial
An electronic version of the popular Chilton’s manuals; includes over 30 years of repair, maintenance, and service information for the most popular cars, trucks, vans and SUVs, and some specialty models.
Achieve your undergrad goals and prepare for future success. Featuring comprehensive sections such as Math Skills Review, Reading Skills Review, Grammar and Writing Skills Review, Science Skills Review, Prepare for Graduate School Admissions Exams, Prepare for College Placement Exams, and Prepare for the CLEP® Exams.
Britannica Online School Edition offers teachers and students instant access to four complete encyclopedias and other resources. Designed for all levels of learning, from elementary school to high school, Britannica Online School Edition offers students an easy-to-use tool and a point of access to the vast resources of Encyclopedia Britannica.
A database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
- App available free from: Apple App Store * Google Play
- View the Niche Academy Gale Virtual Reference Library Tutorial
A general interest database integrating a variety of sources - newspapers, reference books, magazines, and trade publications. Find articles on current events, popular culture, business and industry trends, the arts and sciences, sports, hobbies, and more.
Homework Help - Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
Personalized eLearning Tools - My File Sharing, My Session Replay, My Tutoring Archive, My Tests Archive, and more!
24-Hour Writing Lab - Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
Adult Learning Center - Access a library of rich adult learning content (GED) and live, professional assistance in resume/cover letter writing, U.S. citizenship prep, MS Office Essential Skills Series, and more!
Foreign Language Lab /Spanish-Speaking Support
- Live Online Tutoring: Connect with live tutors for help with career-enhancing academic skills.
- Writing Lab: Develop better writing skills through expert analysis of your papers, complete with constructive comments.
- LearnNow: Receive live skills tutoring and access an extensive library of lessons, video tutorials, and practice tests including SAT, ACT, GED, GRE, and more.
VETERAN SUPPORT TOOLS
- Live Navigator: Connect with an expert veteran to learn more about eligible VA benefits and community resources.
- Veteran Resources: Review carefully selected resources to help you understand your benefits and community resources.
- Live Job Coaching: Connect with a coach to get help with job searching, applications, and interview preparation. Job coaches can also help transition your resume from military use for civilian careers.
- Resume Lab: Submit your resume and receive expert feedback on formatting, keywords, transferable skills, translating military resumes for civilian employers, and more.
- eParachute: Complete a self-assessment to discover a career or academic path that best suits your interests, skills, and experiences.
This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.
An interactive instructional and test preparation database offering practice tests such as GED, SAT, ASVAB, U.S. citizenship, Civil Service and licensing exams such as Firefighter, Police Officer, Paramedic, Postal Worker, Real Estate Agent & Broker, and many others. LearningExpress Library is for middle school and high school students, adult learners, parents, and career professionals.
Contains a wide selection of professionally drafted, state-specific forms, including completed sample forms for the most common legal matters, including bankruptcy, divorce, landlord-tenant, name change, wills, incorporation, LLC, and many others. Includes a comprehensive directory of attorneys by state.
Access to the NY Times is provided through the California State Library.
To activate your subscription, you will need to log in or register first.
- Click the link to open the website
- Activate using the pre-generated code
- Setup an account with your email address
- Skip through the newsletter advertisements to go straight to NYT
An online service helping readers find fiction and nonfiction titles by using books read and topics that interest them as criteria for locating new books. Contains award lists, booklists arranged by genre or topic, author read alikes, book discussion guides, book talks on children’s and young adult titles, and reviews.
A premier source of business and residential information for reference and research. Used by entrepreneurs, businesses, students, job-seekers or anyone wanting access to easily searchable information on over 24 million businesses, 266 million consumers and over 1 million physicians and surgeons. [You may be asked to agree to their terms and conditions - be sure to check the box to AGREE and continue.]
The Ventura County Star collection from NewsBank:
- Full-text articles from the Ventura County Star 1997 to present
- Images (looks like the print copy) of Ventura County Star 2017 to present
- Full-text of Ventura County Star blogs 2004-2016
- Full-text web edition articles from the Ventura County Star 2014 to present
Search for materials not owned by the Ventura County Library and request items online to be borrowed from other libraries. The catalog includes the holdings of participating academic, government, public, special, and school libraries located in the state of California.