Please note Main Street closure
Book drops, phone service, and walk up holds pick up are available at all VCL locations!
Patrons planning on picking up Library hold materials at E.P. Foster Library should consider alternate routes to the Library as a portion of Main St. is closed to permit restaurants and stores to expand into the street. The closure starts at the intersection of Main St. and Fir St. Patrons wishing to access Library parking need to enter either via Poli St. or Chestnut St., but must exit via Chestnut St. as the Main St. exit is closed.
For assistance with walk up holds pick up, or any other Library related need, please contact the E.P. Foster Library during operational hours at (805) 648-2716.
For information about the street closure, please visit the Downtown Ventura Partners at www.downtownventura.org/reopen/#closure.
E.P. Foster Library
|Monday:||Walk up holds pick up 1 - 6pm|
|Tuesday:||Walk up holds pick up 1 - 6pm|
|Wednesday:||Walk up holds pick up 1 - 6pm|
|Thursday:||Walk up holds pick up 1 - 6pm|
|Friday:||Walk up holds pick up 1 - 6pm|
|Saturday:||Walk up holds pick up 10am - 3pm|
Classes, Special Events, and More
Meeting Room Rentals
Due to the pandemic, these rooms are not currently available.
Two meeting rooms are available for public use at Foster Library:
- The Elizabeth R. Topping Room has a maximum capacity of 132 people and can be rented for $25.00
- The Rentfrow Room has a capacity of eight persons and there is no charge
In order to rent the Topping Room please follow these steps:
- Read the Topping Room Policy
- Check the calendar to see if your desired date is available (click on the event to view time range)
- Fill out the online form with as much detail as possible
- Low-Vision Reader
- Computer lab stations 1 and 2 have JAWS software installed (for blind or visually impaired users)
- "Ease of Access" shortcut on the computer lab desktops allow users to select from Windows-based accessibility options such as a magnifier, a narrator (users must bring their own earbuds or headphones to use), an on-screen keyboard, or high visual contract settings.