Ventura County Library offers volunteer opportunities for students needing school community service credit and teens 13-17 who want to help the library in a virtual and/or in-person environment.
To begin the volunteer application process, fill out a Ventura County Library Volunteer Application. Turn in the completed application at the library branch location where you wish to volunteer.
Or, email the completed volunteer application to VCL.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate if you would like to volunteer virtually, in-person, or both. In-person volunteer applicants should indicate at which library branch location they wish to volunteer.
Examples of volunteer assignments:
- Assist with children's programs, such as Summer Reading, STEAM, Makerspace, and Minecraft activities.
- Write brief book reviews of titles from the Young Adult collection.
- Research and recommend books for the library to purchase.
- Create suggested reading lists using books from the library's collection.
- Find missing volumes (gaps) in library book series.
- Research and recommend websites for our Teens Boredom Busters web page.
- Research and recommend websites for our Steam Resources web page.
- Develop Summer Reading Challenge, STEAM, and Makerspace activity ideas.