What are Zip books?
- Books (print or audio) are delivered to you free and directly from Amazon, which you return to your local library when you are done.
Wow, Sounds Cool. Who Sponsors This?
- This is a grant-funded program by the California State Library.
What’s the Catch?
- None! But this service is for books the library does not own, and there are some parameters:
- You must have a library card in good standing with the Ventura County Library
- You are limited to 10 books a month
- You may order all 10 you are allowed at once or can order them in smaller batches or individually – but remember, only 10 in a month in total.*
- Titles must be available from Amazon
- Print books must be valued under $50. Audiobooks and foreign language books can be valued up to $75
- Books should not be available at our library (no prepublication orders or brand new releases, please)
- Please do not order textbooks or workbooks meant to be written in
How Do I Order Zipbooks?
- Just fill out the form on the site. (But you might want to check our catalog and Amazon to see if a book is currently available from us and meets the criteria above).
What Do I Do After My Zipbook is Delivered?
- Enjoy your book
- After three weeks, return the book to your library branch and hand it to the staff, please.
- Put the Amazon receipt in the book, so we know it was a Zipbook (or put a note inside the book)
What Happens to the Book After I Return It?
- If the book meets our Collection Development Criteria, we will put it in the collection for others to enjoy.
- Contact Zipbooks@ventura.org