Simple DIY home improvements can help increase the energy efficiency of your home to make it more comfortable, affordable, resilient, and better for the planet.
3C-REN’s DIY Home Energy Savings Toolkit gives you the knowledge, tools, and equipment to improve your home with easy upgrades. Check out a toolkit and get empowered to fix up your home, yourself!
- DIY Toolkits will only be checked out to those 18 years of age or older.
- The loan period for DIY Toolkits is three weeks. This loan period may not be extended or renewed.
- Patrons must read and sign the waiver (mandatory for check-out).
- Only one DIY Toolkit per person can be checked out at a time.
- Tools are items marked as property of the Ventura County Library and should be returned to the Library in the same condition as when they were borrowed.
- Equipment items are items you may keep and install in your home.
DIY Toolkit Contents
“Stuff to Keep” items listed by quantity:
- 4 LED Lightbulbs
- 3 rolls of Weather-stripping (foam rolls)
- 2 outlet Gaskets (foam rectangles)
- 1 low-flow showerhead
- 2 rubber bands
- 2 low-flow faucet aerators:
- GPM (listed on bag and fine print of the side of each device)
- 1.5 GPM (listed on bag and fine print on the side of each device)
- 1 packet of water leak detection dye tablets
- 1 water flow rate bag
- 1 3C-REN sticker
“Stuff to Bring Back” items listed by quantity:
- 1 Kill-A-Watt Meter
- 1 infrared Thermometer
- 1 refrigerator thermometer (round)
- 1 water thermometer (red)
- 1 pair of pliers
- 1 roll of plumber’s tape
Policy and waiver form
3C-REN Do It Yourself (DIY) Home Energy Saving Toolkit Policy and Waiver